1. Welcome Pastor Ioan Ittu! After a unanimous vote on July 12 to call Pastor Ittu, we are pleased that his first day with us was Tuesday, September 1. “His energy, enthusiasm, and engaging communication style is a perfect fit to lead our congregation,” says church president Dan Nielsen. Pator Ittu’s first services at St. Paul will be held outdoors on Saturday, September 5, at 5:00 p.m. and Sunday, September 6, at 10:00 a.m. Pastor Ioan will be sharing “Freedom, Love, and Masks” from 1 Corinthians 9:19-23. Parishioners are asked to bring lawn chairs and blankets for gathering on the church lawn. During a time of meet and greet after the worship services, we are all invited to bring our own picnic lunch to enjoy a time of fellowship.
Pastor Ioan Ittu (pronounced you-wan e-too) has ten years of experience as a Lutheran pastor and is looking forward to living in Winterset where they will also be closer to his fiancee Deb’s family who live in the Des Moines area.
He immigrated from Romania with his parents when he was three years old. He earned his Master of Divinity at Luther Seminary in St. Paul, MN, after majoring in biblical studies and earning his Bachelor of Arts at Trinity Lutheran College, Issaquah, WA.
“Pastor Ittu exudes passion for spreading God’s love,” said Call Committee member Alan Feier, “and he does this through intentional relationship building and thoughtful preaching, which are the primary ways pastors make things happen.”
Please join us in welcoming Pastor Ittu!
Health and Safety Protocols for Outdoor Worship and Fellowship
The Congregational Council approved the following worship plan for the first three weeks in September:
- Outdoor worship Saturday at 5:00 pm and Sunday at 10:00 am on the south lawn.
- Masks are required; you will be provided one if needed.
- Six feet social distancing between famiy groups is required. The ushers will assist you with seating as needed.
- Offering will be collected upon your arrival.
- Greet others with a wave, a nod, a bow, a fist or elbow bump.
- Restrooms are off limits except in the case of emergencies.
- Should it be raining, we will move indoors and implement all of the above.
2 For those who cannot attend worship Saturday or Sunday, our worship services will be posted online on Mondays (instead of Sundays) for the next three weeks.
3. Semi-Annual Meeting – Next Sunday, September 13!
4. Meals from the Heartland – thank you to all who participated in this year’s annual hunger fight on August 26th!
Church office phone: 515-462-4270
Church email: email@example.com
Pastor Ioan Ittu email: Pastorioan@stpaullutheranchurch.net
Pastoral emergencies phone: 626-419-6331