1. Join us for in-house worship this Sunday, October 25, at either 8 a.m. or 10:00 a.m. Pastor Ioan will be offering a pre-recorded video sermon based on Romans 3:19-28. Below you will find a devotion based on that Scripture:
“In a world where we are constantly evaluated, for us to continually hear the gospel message of grace as in today’s reading from Romans is a must. From a very early age we are measured and evaluated; it doesn’t take long before we are able to offer those words of critique to ourselves, almost without being prompted. In so many ways, often times without even being aware of it, we are met with messages that seek to assess our worth through grades, relationships, body image, fashion, or even others’ opinions. In this world, it is vital to hear a word of grace. Even as adults, we may have become so calloused that, if we do not hear a word of grace, soon even our self-talk becomes tainted with how we measure up. It is at times like this that I need to hear, “[we] are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.” The final word for us is not all those other messages that seek to critique our worth, but God’s Word of grace in Christ Jesus. We are enough because Jesus declares it to be so.”
2. Semi-Annual Meeting Rescheduled – The new date for the annual meeting is being determined. We will notify the congregation early next week. Pastor Ioan had a lovely wedding, but a person in attendance tested positive for Covid upon his return. Pastor Ioan and his mother have no symptoms and are waiting on their Covid test results. As soon as Pastor Ioan is available to return to church in person a date for the semi-annual meeting will be set.
3. Confirmation Worship Rescheduled – For the same reasons of the Covid positive guest at Pastor Ioan’s wedding the Confirmation Service scheduled for Oct. 25th is being rescheduled. The new date is being determined and confirmation families are being consulted.
4. Worship Service Greeters and Ushers Needed – If you are able and willing to be a greeter and usher table attendant OR an usher for our 8:00 and 10:00 worship services, please use Sign-Up Genius! It’s easy to access and will even send you reminders of your commitment. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0b48afaf22a6ff2-stpaul. You will be of big assistance to those who desire to worship in-person as we follow our safety protocols. You may review the worship server guidelines here: http://stpaullutheranchurch.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Worship-Server-Guidelines-10-11-2020-Ed.pdf. Thank you for your service, in Jesus’ name, Amen!
5. Cookies Needed for Blood Drive! Our next Blood Drive will be Wednesday, October 28 from 2-7pm. We need cookies & canteen workers! Please bring your donation to the church before noon Wednesday. Also, if you are able to donate blood, please call 1-800-287-4903 to schedule your appointment!
6. If you would like to give to a gift for Pastor Ioan and his wife, Deb, in celebration of their October 12th wedding, please earmark your check “wedding gift” and give to either Dan Nielsen (Council President) or Dalene Davies-Smoot (Office Manager) by November 2. Thank you!
7. One week ’til Fall Back! Don’t forget to set your clocks behind one hour when you go to bed on Saturday, October 31. Daylight Savings Time ends at 2 am on November 1.
Church office phone: 515-462-4270
Church office email: Office@stpaullutheranchurch.net
Pastor Ioan Ittu: 626-419-6331
Pastor Ioan email: Pastorioan@stpaullutheranchurch.net