Our programs for children and youth are open to everyone. Visitors are welcome!
Registration information is requested for students participating regularly in Sunday school and on Wednesday evenings, so that we have adequate emergency contact numbers for the students in our care.
Kids Church (Sunday School) is offered during the academic year, from September through April, for students who are Pre-Kindergarten (potty trained) up through 6th grade. Kids are dismissed after the Children’s Sermon at the 10:30 worship service, and return to their families for Communion.
God Squad is our Wednesday evening program for students in Kindergarten through 6th grade. The evening begins with a free meal at 5:15 pm, followed by music, classes, and activities. Dismissal time is 6:30 pm for kids in PreK-Kindergarten, and 7:00 pm for grades 1 through 6. Children’s Choir takes place during God Squad in rotations according to age.
Confirmation classes for 7th and 8th grade students are also held on Wednesday evenings with a free meal served at 5:30 pm, dismissing at 7:00 pm. Students will be confirmed in a special service at the end of their 8th grade year.
Our Junior High and High School Youth meet on Wednesday evenings from 7:00 to 8:30 pm at St. Paul, led by Nathaniel Mason.
Vacation Bible School (VBS) at St. Paul is held each summer, with curriculum and counselors provided by Riverside Bible Camp, as well as helpers from St. Paul. VBS is open to students who are Pre-K (potty trained) through 6th grade.
For VBS, counselors from Riverside come and spend four days learning and playing with students entering 1st through 6th grade. The program goes from 9:00 to 2:00 and includes music, drama, Bible study, science, arts & crafts, outdoor games, and more. On the same dates, St. Paul helpers and staff will provide a program from 9:00 to 11:00 for kids in Pre-K (potty trained) and entering kindergarten. There is no charge for either program, but donations are welcome and will be applied to our bill from Riverside for their services. You can read more about the Riverside day camp program at their website.
Here are some other things you should know about VBS at St. Paul:
- Everyone in the community is welcome.
- Kids in the 1st – 6th grade program should bring a sack lunch.
- Volunteers are needed to help with supervising kids. This is an easy job that requires no advance planning! Just show up and provide a helping hand when asked. We do need to have volunteers committed to attend IN ADVANCE to make sure there is enough help and supervision.
- Parents are asked to bring cookies for the week. Cookies can be brought on Monday of VBS week, and we will use them throughout the week as needed.
- There will be an ending program at 6:30 p.m. on the Thursday evening of VBS week.