1. Fall Back! Don’t forget to set your clocks behind one hour when you go to bed tomorrow, October 31. Daylight Savings Time ends at 2 am on November 1.
2. No in-house worship this Sunday, November 1. Pastor Ioan is still under quarantine since having tested positive for COVID-19. He is preparing a service to share by video. The prerecorded worship will be available on our YouTube channel on Sunday by 8:00 a.m. (Thankfully, he is still asymptomatic as is his mother.) Pastor Ioan will be delivering a message based on Revelation 7:9-17. Below is a devotion based on that Scripture.
“Life is tough for many of us, right? What a relief then to catch a glimpse of the heavenly world. There, the blessed dead are already, and one day we too will spend our energies in joyous singing. Why? The Lamb, Jesus, gave his lifeblood for us to wash us clean of all our misdeeds. Why would anyone choose to go somewhere else when God has prepared a heavenly condo for everyone who has ever lived? Multitudes have already accepted the invitation. One day we will join them.” – Wendell Frerichs
3. Blood Drive Update – We drew 43 pints of blood on October 28! Thank you to Marty Knapp and Pat Nelson for working the canteen and to all who made bars and cookies. Our next drive is November 24. If you are able to donate blood, please call 1-800-287-4903 to schedule your next appointment!
4. Worship Service Greeters and Ushers Needed – If you are able and willing to be a greeter and usher table attendant OR an usher for our 8:00 and 10:00 worship services, please use Sign-Up Genius! It’s easy to access and will even send you reminders of your commitment. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0b48afaf22a6ff2-stpaul. You will be of big assistance to those who desire to worship in-person as we follow our safety protocols. You may review the worship server guidelines here: http://stpaullutheranchurch.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Worship-Server-Guidelines-10-11-2020-Ed.pdf. Thank you for your service, in Jesus’ name, Amen!
5. Operation Christmas Child – Please pick up a box or two so we can once again spread joy and the message of Jesus Christ to children in need of hope! Everything to fill the boxes can be found here in Winterset! We would like the boxes returned by November 7-8. For more information, call Lonna Nielsen at 515-210-4086.
6. If you would like to give to a gift for Pastor Ioan and his wife, Deb, in celebration of their October 12th wedding, please earmark your check “wedding gift” and give to either Dan Nielsen (Council President) or Dalene Davies-Smoot (Office Manager) by November 2. Thank you!
7. Semi-Annual Meeting Rescheduled – The new date for the annual meeting is being determined. We will reschedule after pastor receives Covid test results that are negative.
8. Matura Food Pantry Sunday is this Sunday – Even though we’re not holding in-house worship this Sunday, we still encourage you to drop off your food donations and place in the shopping cart in the entryway. Thank you!
Church office phone: 515-462-4270
Church office email: Office@stpaullutheranchurch.net
Pastor Ioan Ittu: 626-419-6331
Pastor Ioan email: Pastorioan@stpaullutheranchurch.net